Friday, May 06, 2005

Canada WHO?

From now on, if I ever see a headline that indicates some opinion or idea by a Canadian I'm going to skip over it. Why? I know this is going to be old news to many of you, but Canada doesn't matter? How do I know? Because Canada doesn't even think Canada matters. How do I know that?

In my line of work, during certain parts of the year, I get out of the office on a daily basis and head down to one of the very large piers sticking out into Elliot Bay here in the Puget Sound. Today, low and behold, there at the end of the pier are three Canadian Navy ships tied up. And guess what - I just drove right by them, right next to them, in a white van. No extra security. No one standing guard. No Guns. Nothing. Nope, instead, it looked like some poofters just standing around waiting for, well, nothing really.

I know, it's Canada, but don't you think if they were at least pretending to be some sort of military they'd at the very least have a butch dike standing there looking mean?

I'd feel more comfortable with Ireland's Navy backing us any day.