Thursday, October 28, 2004

I really hate being called an idiot indirectly

Take what you want from this article: Household Survey Sees 100,000 Iraqi Deaths
I'd be shocked not to hear about it on the MSM for the next 4 days and most certainly from John Kerry. I have no doubt they are skewed numbers since the language of the article assumes a defensive posture. But that is not what really chaps my hide about the article - these exerpts are:

The report was released just days before the U.S. presidential election,and the lead researcher said he wanted it that way...Les Roberts, the lead researcher from Johns Hopkins, said the article's timing was up to him. "I emailed it in on Sept. 30 under the condition that it came out before the election," Roberts told The Associated Press. "My motivein doing that was not to skew the election. My motive was that if this came out during the campaign, both candidates would be forced to pledge to protect civilian lives in Iraq. "I was opposed to the war and I still think that the
war was a bad idea, but I think that our science has transcended our
perspectives," Roberts said. "As an American, I am really, really sorry to be reporting this."
You see, it's another wack job who thinks you and I are idiots and will bye into his double talk, and bad double talk at that. He says the timing of the release of this "report" was all up to him and that he wanted to make sure it was out BEFORE the election, but he didn't do it to effect the election, even though he was and still is opposed to the war in Iraq... blah, blah, blah. Oh, not to mention he refers to the America as "occupiers" even though Iraqis are running the show and making the decisions, now:

This appears to be a problem with the approach to occupation in Iraq," Roberts said.
Sorry Mr. Roberts but I understand completely what you're saying - I'm an idiot. Why don't you just come out and admit it? Your timing HAD a purpose. Everyone can discern the accuracy of the numbers for themselves, but don't call us all idiots, please. I'll let that other idiot, President Bush speak for me, jerk off.

UPDATE: Dr. Shackleford has more about this unbiased report.