Monday, September 27, 2004

"...likelihood of a hazardous event..."

What the heck does that mean? I've been remiss on blogging about this simply because I have not yet decided on whether blogging about local issues is worth it, but come on, IT'S MOUNT ST. HELENS for goodness sake! What do they think happens at volcanoes? They're not called volcanoes for nothing. You've never heard someone use a volcano as a metaphor for calm. THEY BLOW UP! LOTS! Especially St. Helens. I'll tell you what the REAL likelihood of a hazardous event is - the re-election of "Osama Mama" Murray! Now that would be a tragedy, and a likely one, at that.

I'm not trying to imply there is nothing to the story. I just happen to think the word "hazardous" is off base. I find this stuff exciting. In fact, I can't WAIT for Rainier to blow! That's right - you read that correctly. Talk about the Mother Of All Bombs (MOAB). Apparently, it's only a matter of time.

Why don't they report on the "likelihood of an exciting event"? I'll tell you why - because they are pessimists and afraid of death. Some of you are going to rake me over the coals for that one, saying my sense of self preservation is next to non-existant. Hey, I have no problem with killing jihadis with very large blasts from 30,000 feet. I like that idea. But when we're talking about acts of God here why not ride it out. What are we supposed to do - evacuate to Georgia?

Lets revisit this wonderful story about Harry S. Turman, the non-president.

There was a man who said he’d rather die than see his beautiful mountain
blasted into an ugly shell of itself—and he got his wish.

Heck yes, he got his wish. He was VAPORIZED! This guy could tell a story with a mouth on him that would make Quentin Tarantino blush (yeah right - like Tarantino could ever blush)

As well, blogging about Mt. St. Helens would take attention away from Florida. Being the ever selfless indivdual that I am it would be contrary to my nature.