Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Liberal, uh, buddy checks in this morning...

(UPDATE: Let me make it clear - THESE ARE NOT MY WORDS but the words from an email sent to me by a liberal. These views are not mine. My views are completely opposite of the views expressed below. They are a source of amusement for me.)


As you all know, the unthinkable happened. The evil imbecile, the man who has been a disgrace to the noble office of the presidency has won the office he stole four years ago.

I had expected more of America. But I underestimated the now obvious fact that the majority of Americans are rubes, gun nuts, religious wackos, haters - and sheep ready for the slaughter. It's only a matter of time now that the busher will appoint justices to the supreme court - then, ladies, your right to choose is in deadly peril. It's only a matter of time before our pristine wildernesses give way to the bulldozers. It's only a matter of time that our right to privacy gives way to Ashcroft and his fellow fascists. It's only a matter of time before our nation is bankrupt - sickening even more when you consider when the country was turned over to the busher, we had a
nicely balanced budget and a huge surplus.

Of course we will continue on our path as the most hated, mistrusted nation (we don't honor treaties) in the world. Isolated in our total arrogance. And the imbecile who dictates all that policy can't even form two coherent sentences back-to-back.

Of course, the idiotic, useless Iraqi war will continue for years. If we were allowed to see them, the flag draped coffins will be coming back in droves, tragically wasted lives. Mission Accomplished indeed. Osama is still out there. Are we safer? Are you kidding?

My grandson, Alex, is fourteen. Once the busher reinstates the draft (which is already in defacto effect), he will be in jeopardy of going over to the ongoing Iraqi debacle. I will not let him waste his life on the busher's folly. He will be very happy in Canada.

This nation is divided like never before. Thanks to the arrogance of the busher. If you voted for him, I will take no comfort in your ultimate remorse, which will happen.

Somewhere Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Lincoln, the Roosevelts, Truman - all the others who did honor to the office - somewhere, they have to be weeping. Look how far we have sunk.

I was born in Canada as many of you know. I only wish I could go back to the country that gives a damn about its citizens, not just the special interests and the obscenely rich. I cannot, and never will, acknowledge the busher as "my president." He isn't. He doesn't represent me - or half the nation for that matter.

I can almost hear the sounds of the jackboots now.

This is my last political missive. Hopes for a bright and exciting future are dashed. I am no longer listening to talk radio, news, or engaging in political discourse. As a gentleman once put it, "How can the two of us have an intelligent discussion when one of us is stupid?" And I ain't the stupid one. So gloat away, neocons - your triumph is hollow, and you will wonder what on earth you were thinking of. Shame. Suckers.

Sore loser? You bet. But the nation is the greatest loser. And every time that smirking little bastard appears on my t.v., or I hear that weasely little voice, I won't be able to get to the remote fast enough.

Screw it. I'm going to go read the sports section and the comics.

God bless America. God help Americans.