Thursday, August 10, 2006

Double take

Uh, did I read that correctly?

"The recent arrests that our fellow citizens are now learning about are a stark reminder that this nation is at war with Islamic fascists who will use any means to destroy those of us who love freedom, to hurt our nation," Bush said... (Emphasis ours - Ed.)
Seriously? You mean he actually said it?

You know what I think this means? We're getting closer to war with Iran, but I'm sure the administration wouldn't necessarily appreciate us "tipping" them off, so we'll strike that from the record.

Clarification: Many of my readers have emailed asking me to clarify the above stricken comment. (Nobody's emailed you, have they? - Ed.)

I have maintained from before the beginning of the Iraq war, through the Iraq war and to the present that I believe the Iraq war is far more about Iran than Iraq. It might be a serious barrage of air strikes for weeks on end or one gigantic wave with no known ground troops, but it will have to happen.

The question will be what will fill THAT vaccuum?