Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Artist of the Week

The Artist of the Week here at EiP this week is Marc Broussard.

Marc Broussard hails form Carnecro, Louisiana , which is consequently the name of his latest album. I'd say it's fairly appropriate to feature an artist from Louisiana this week.

There's really nothing much to say about Marc, except, "Go listen and enjoy." This guy has soul and a voice to keep up with it. His song writing is heart felt and of the most sincerest compassion.

As a wonderful surprise to my wife and I, while taking a look at Marc's website for this post, we noticed he is coming to town soon. Tickets to this show was an easy decision.

This week, we'll also feature an "Honorable Mention". This artist just probably would never get a weekly feature on EiP because it could cramp our style, but she deserves a nod. Carrie Underwood has certainly surpassed my expectations. I'm not a country music fan, but she convinced me to import four of her songs to the Nano. Good on her. I just wish they'd release her version of Heart's "Alone". She belted that sucker out.

Still no film to feature this week.