Thursday, July 07, 2005

Close to home

One of the Editor's Best Buds is currently in London for an evangelical conference at the Metropolitan Tabernacle. First email I read this morning was his:
I was on my way to the Metropolitan Tabernacle for the day to hear the guys teach and my friend (name deleted) literally closed the gate at the High Street Kensington tube station in my face.

I said "(Deleted), open the gate I need to go to Elephant and Castle." Once he got over the surprise of me being in London he said, "It's up the hill on the left, they have a great ale." I said "Not that Elephant and Castle, the tube station in Lambeth". He said, "Sorry Mate, all the tubes are closed. Some Blokes blew up a train at Alders Gate, killed a bunch of people." He said, "You aren't goin' to Elephant and Castle today." And he was sooooooo right.

So... After trying to get on the tube this morning, I then thought I'd take the bus, but then I saw a bus on the television that the upper deck was blown off and I thought that maybe I wouldn't take the bus after all. :<)

There's more to the email, but that's for me.

UPDATE: WHEN PUPPETS MAKE SENSE

In light of this post by Suzy Rice...

(some words changed for appropriate context)...
Gary Johnston: We're d*cks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid d*cks. And the (liberals) are p*ssies. And (islomofacists are) asshole(s). P*ssies don't like dicks, because p*ssies get f**ked by dicks. But d*cks also f**k a**holes: a**holes that just
want to sh*t on everything. P*ssies may think they can deal with a**holes their way. But the only thing that can f**k an a**hole is a d*ck, with some balls. The problem with d*cks is: they f**k too much or f**k when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a p*ssy to show them that. But sometimes, p*ssies can be so full of sh*t that they become a**holes themselves... because p*ssies are an inch and half away from a**holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us f**k (these) asshole(s), we're going to have our d*cks and p*ssies all covered in sh*t!

Hey terrorist! Terrorize this.